We have been using arduinos mixed with a breadboard
resistors and other electrical components such as light sensors to
alter the sounds being emitted to a speaker, here are some pictures
from the practical 206 lecture, this is all giving us a bit of
background knowledge before starting the 206 assignment of creating
a musical instrument!
In our 206 lecture this week we were playing with arduinos connected to RFID chips and readers, this was very interesting because there are a lot of potential innovative uses for RFID technology.
I find any new technologies very interesting and likewise with RFID, it will be interesting to see what it is used for in the future and to try and think of uses for it within my coursework.
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I stopped blogging over Christmas as was busy with other stuff!
This terms modules has a lot of group based projects with project specific blogs for each one. I will post some updates here for them although the majority of the content will be view-able on those blogs. I will add the links to this post shortly.
Coming up this term I have:
- DAT201 – Essay and Practical Project – I will blog about this soon as I will be putting the practical project into development soon!
- DAT202 – Tamar Grow Local Innovative Idea – Coming up with a way to digitally enhance the CIC (Community Interest Company) Tamar Grow Local. (Group Project)
- DAT203 – Documenting Cities – A very wide briefed project concerning the city of plymouth, an explanation will be on the blog. (Group Project)
- DAT204 – HTML5 Web Game – We have been tasked with the job of creating an HTML5 game that can implement Canvas, SVG and WebGL. (Group Project)
- DAT205 – App Development – I have not yet received the brief for the assignment for this module however we are currently learning android app development.
- DAT206 – Arduino – Although the final brief hasn’t been given to us we will be creating a musical device/instrument using Arduino and Processing. (Group Project)
In the 206 lectures this year we have been going considerably further in the production/implementation of our ideas instead of just developing and presenting a concept we are required to implement the idea if possible or create a working mockup/video of the finished concept….
For the first project we created an in-car computer system powered by the Raspberry PI, we built Photoshop mockups of the UI and also made a demo video of how the finished product would work…
In-Car Computer Demo – Rasp PI from Will Panchaud on Vimeo.
For my current project for this module our initial idea is to use an Xbox Kinect integrated into a ‘smart house’ system to use voice commands and hand movements to control your home. We will probably alter this concept though to make it more unique and fit the emerging technologies brief better.