Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I stopped blogging over Christmas as was busy with other stuff!
This terms modules has a lot of group based projects with project specific blogs for each one. I will post some updates here for them although the majority of the content will be view-able on those blogs. I will add the links to this post shortly.
Coming up this term I have:
- DAT201 – Essay and Practical Project – I will blog about this soon as I will be putting the practical project into development soon!
- DAT202 – Tamar Grow Local Innovative Idea – Coming up with a way to digitally enhance the CIC (Community Interest Company) Tamar Grow Local. (Group Project)
- DAT203 – Documenting Cities – A very wide briefed project concerning the city of plymouth, an explanation will be on the blog. (Group Project)
- DAT204 – HTML5 Web Game – We have been tasked with the job of creating an HTML5 game that can implement Canvas, SVG and WebGL. (Group Project)
- DAT205 – App Development – I have not yet received the brief for the assignment for this module however we are currently learning android app development.
- DAT206 – Arduino – Although the final brief hasn’t been given to us we will be creating a musical device/instrument using Arduino and Processing. (Group Project)
Having blogged about my website as it developed I forgot to blog about the semantic app concept I came up with!
Here is a mockup of the app:
The idea uses multiple social networks and social media platforms to aggregate the locations of your friends using a mixture of geolocation and other location technologies.
The application would use platforms such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram to gain the locations of your friends!
The reason this is not possible now is that it is currently not possible to aggregate the data needed using semantic coding, this is due to the individual platforms not being coded in a way that conforms to the new semantic web coding conventions.
My website is now live!
willpanchaud.com (Best viewed in latest version of Chrome)
since uploading I have however noticed a few issues still occurring in any other browsers other than google Chrome. Generally I have had good feedback about the design and navigation of the site though which is good!
Today I created a contact page/form for my website, when filled in this form then sends me an email with all the details entered, this will be a good way for people to contact me directly from my site without me giving away my email address for spam purposes.
I have also created an about me page with a few personal details about me!
To do still :
Link CV pdf
FTP Website to hosting
Test Website/iron out problems.
I have managed to sort out some of the issues I was having with the zooming since my last post however am still having problems in any other browser apart from Chrome… Not just with the zooming but also with the rotation and placement of my project ‘icons’.
I have designed the project pages now that will pop up when the project icons are clicked on, I am hoping to use jquery Lightbox to show the project pages however having started to work on this I may have to resort to opening a new page for the projects, I think the problem is due to the fact I am trying to use Lightbox’s inside an iframe which isnt ideal as I need the iframe to keep the page from zooming/rotating all over the place.
Here is an example of the design of my project pages:
I have started to code my website now and have been having quite a few problems with placement/layout of parts of the page in relation to each other.
I have also started trying to work with the zooming on the projects however this is proving trickier than anticipated in a full website with navigation bar etc because it seems to zoom and rotate everything in that page, to resolve this I have resorted to using an iframe for the projects view part of the website.
I am however having serious problems with the iframe in other browsers such as firefox and safari ( I personally use Google Chrome which it works best in).
I was deliberating over a colour scheme before i created my background for a while, the finished colour scheme is available to see here: